- General information
- Small grant schemes
- Conservation of Cultural Heritage
- Cultural Exchange
- NORTH Creative Network - for open innovation and cultural exchange
- Environment manu-factures
- Latvia - Norway. Discover Folk Tradition in Music
- Life in Motion
- Experimental music lighthouses: Riga-Tromsø
- Joik & daina
- Dance in Nature 2014
- 450 years together. Jewish culture in Latvian environment – arts, music, education
- Regions. Art. Nature.
- Various Forms of Archives. Archive of Contemporary Art. Research, Exhibition and Symposium.
- Film programme exchange between Riga International Film festival and Kristiansand International Children’s Film Festival
- Bilateral Fund
- Predifined projects
- Planned Programme implementation time schedule
Project number: EEZLV04/GSKA/2013/10.
Project promoter: Association for Adventurous Music and Film Art "Skaņu Mežs".
Project title: "Experimental music lighthouses: Riga - Tromso".
Date of project contract: 06.10.2014.
Project partner: Norway's innovative music festival "Insomnia";
Total eligible costs: 114 728.00 euro;
The amount of support - 86,38% of eligible costs, not more than 99 102.05 euro of which:
EEA co-financing - 85% of eligible costs, not more than 84 236.74 euro;
National co-financing - 15% of eligible costs not more than 14 865.31 euro;
Co-financing of the beneficiary - 13.62% of the total eligible project costs, not more than 15 625.95 euro.
Planned project start date: 01.11.2014.
Duration of the Project: 12 months.
Venue: Riga (Latvia), Tromso (Norway).
Project discription: The Project "Experimental Music Lighthouses Riga-Tromsø" envisages collaboration between two leading innovative music festivals of the European countries - "Skaņu Mežs" of Riga and Norwegian music festival "Insomnia", which annually takes place in Norwegian city Tromsø and establishment of infrastructure for innovative music (in terms of information content, feedback and auditory) between the two cities. Within the Project producing and presentation of new musical production at both festivals will be implemented; the exchange of musicians between festivals „Skaņu Mežs” and „Insomnia”; collaboration within the European dimension, by creating common program of the outstanding European music projects and by presenting them at the both festivals; the exchange of culture residencies between Riga and Tromsø in establishment of sound and audiovisual artwork.
Planned project activities:
1. Project management.
2. The collaboration of „Skaņu Mežs and „Insomnia” with the objective to create a new composition and presentation.
3. The exchange of musicians between festivals „Skaņu Mežs” and „Insomnia”, creating concert program content with compositions and performers from Latvia and Norway.
4. The exchange of musical programs and promotion at the festivals „Skaņu Mežs” and „Insomnia”.
5. The exchange of culture residencies sound and audiovisual work of art establishment : The culture residence of Latvia in Norway, Tromsø and culture residence of Norway in Latvia, Riga.
6. Informative and publicity measures.
Contact information: Viestarts Gailītis, Viestartse simbolsskanumezs.lv.