- General information
- Small grant schemes
- Conservation of Cultural Heritage
- Cultural Exchange
- NORTH Creative Network - for open innovation and cultural exchange
- Environment manu-factures
- Latvia - Norway. Discover Folk Tradition in Music
- Life in Motion
- Experimental music lighthouses: Riga-Tromsø
- Joik & daina
- Dance in Nature 2014
- 450 years together. Jewish culture in Latvian environment – arts, music, education
- Regions. Art. Nature.
- Various Forms of Archives. Archive of Contemporary Art. Research, Exhibition and Symposium.
- Film programme exchange between Riga International Film festival and Kristiansand International Children’s Film Festival
- Bilateral Fund
- Predifined projects
- Planned Programme implementation time schedule
Project number: EEZLV04/GSKA/2013/02.
Project promoter: Association “Shamir”.
Project title: "450 years together. Jewish culture in Latvian environment - arts, music, education".
Date of project contract: 23.12.2014.
Project partner: Oslo Jewish museum.
Total eligible costs: 89 117.00 euro.
The anount of support - 86.7029% of eligible costs, not more than 77 267.00 euro of which:
EEA co-fianncing - 85% of eligible costs not more than 65 676.95 euro;
National co-financing - 15% of eligible costs not more than 37 500.00 euro;
Co-financing of the beneficiary - 15% of the total eligible project costs, not more than 11 590.08 euro.
Planned project start date: 01.01.2015.
Duration of the project: 12 months.
Venue: Riga (Latvia), Oslo (Norway).
Project discription: Jewish history of Norway is not more than about 160 years old. As a marginal, small and mostly poor community in the fringe area of Europe, the result of the Shoah was therefore immensely devastating, also concerning Jewish property, history, documents, photos and artifact.
The project consists of a number of exhibitions and workshops. The project has fallowing objectives:
-Enrichment of Latvian cultural environment with new exhibitions and activities;
-Providing connections between Latvia, Norway and other countries in education and culture;
-Creation of positive image of Latvia in the world;
-Struggle with xenophobia, discrimination and anti-Semitism;
-Improvement of inter-cultural dialogue between various ethnic and cultural groups of Latvia;
-Integration of ethnic minorities.
1.1. The exhibition of pictures by Joseph Kuzovski and lecture-dispute about arts of J.Kuzovski by Dr. Meir Aronson (Israel) in Academy of Culture, Latvia.
1.2.The exhibition of pictures by Feliks Mostowizs "Memories of the past", and presentation of his works and a public discussion with the author F.Mostowizs "National and subnational in visual arts in New Europe" in the Academy of Arts, Latvia.
1.3. The exhibition "Jews in Norway and Latvia. Unexpected crossings" workshop on Norwegian Jewish culture in the Riga Ghetto and Latvian Holocaust museum and public lecture-dispute of the principal of OEM Dr.
1.4.Sidsel Levine "Toleration and inter-cultural dialogue in Norway" in the University of Latvia.
2.Concert of klezmer (Jewish folk music) band "Urban Tunnels" (Norway) as a part of 5th Jewish Culture Festival in Riga.
3. The exhibition "Jews in Latvia", workshop on Jewish Latvian history and culture and public lecture of a chairman of Ghetto museum Rabbi Menachem Barkahan "Memorialization of the Holocaust and development of toleration and inter-cultural dialog in Latvia" in Oslo Jewish museum (Norway).
4. International children's drawing contest "My family story and me", exhibition and seminar for art teachers, psychologists and parents "A drawing of a child as a reflector of inner family world".
5. Project management.
Contact information: Vita Shaldova, vitae simbolsshamir.lv.