- General information
- Small grant schemes
- Conservation of Cultural Heritage
- Cultural Exchange
- NORTH Creative Network - for open innovation and cultural exchange
- Environment manu-factures
- Latvia - Norway. Discover Folk Tradition in Music
- Life in Motion
- Experimental music lighthouses: Riga-Tromsø
- Joik & daina
- Dance in Nature 2014
- 450 years together. Jewish culture in Latvian environment – arts, music, education
- Regions. Art. Nature.
- Various Forms of Archives. Archive of Contemporary Art. Research, Exhibition and Symposium.
- Film programme exchange between Riga International Film festival and Kristiansand International Children’s Film Festival
- Bilateral Fund
- Predifined projects
- Planned Programme implementation time schedule
Project number: EEZLV04/GSKA/2013/06.
Project promoter: Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art (LCCA).
Project title: "Various Forms of Archives. Archive of Contemporary Art. Research, Exhibition and Symposium".
Date of project contract: 20.08.2015.
Project partner: The Living Art Museum (NYLO);
Total eligible costs: 69 042.00 euro;
The amount of support - 89.97% of eligible costs, not more than 62 117.09 euro of which:
EEA co-financing - 85% of eligible costs, not more than 52 799.53 euro;
Co-financing of the beneficiary - 10.03% of the total eligible project costs, not more than 6924.91 euro.
Planned project start date: 20.08.2015.
Duration of the Project: 9 months.
Venue: Rīga, Daugavpils, Alūksne, Kuldīga, Madona (Latvia), Reykjavik (Iceland).
Project discription: Project unites cooperation partners in common activities in order to conduct joint research work and to promote the exchange of knowledge and experience in formation of contemporary art archive, its structuring and interpretation opportunities.
The central event of the project will be an exhibition preceded by preparation process of an extended study and followed by an international symposium addressing various archiving strategies of contemporary art.
The exhibition will be dedicated to art archive as a cognitive unit, with the intention to expand inter-disciplinary research of visual arts events. LCCA archive will serve as a base through the accumulated history and message fields of which, partners will look for new theoretical impulses and material interpretation options. The exhibition will be an attempt to develop the identity and structure of the archive. Interactive exhibition design is conceived to attract a wider audience, including children and young people raising their interest in the art processes and developing a new generation of viewers. To implement the ideas, the Project partners have invited an independent curatorial team that will join their efforts to develop a united exposition concept of the exhibition.
The Project consists of three phases:
1) research and exhibition preparation phase ( July – September 2015);
2) exhibition presentation in regional Latvian culture centres (compact version) and in Riga (full version) (October 2015 – April 2016);
international symposium in Riga (February 2016). \
Planned project activities:
2. Exhibitions dedicaed to contemporary art and archive in Riga and regional culture centres in Latvia.
3. International symposium on contemporary art archives.