- General information
- Small grant schemes
- Bilateral Fund
- Predifined projects
- Reconstruction of the Museum of Literature and Music
- Digitization of cultural heritage of Riga Art Nouveau Centre and Development of Virtual Museum
- Restoration of the Green Synagogue of Rezekne, including the creation of Wooden Architecture Heritage Centre and an exhibition on the Jewish cultural heritage
- Restoration of the Museum of Rainis and Aspazija
- Restoration of the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum’s Port Warehouse
- Planned Programme implementation time schedule
Restoration of the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum’s Port Warehouse
Project promoter: Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum
Planned total expenditures: €200 000
Planned project start and end date: 01.05.2013.–29.08.2014.
The port warehouse of Liepāja (also called the “Swallow warehouse”) has been built in 1697 next to the channel of Liepāja old port. The building is an authentic and characteristic example of a 17th century warehouse, such that were built in Riga, Liepāja and other sea port cities of the Baltic region.
After the project implementation a unique building will be renovated and added to the collection of the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum, its preservation and exhibition conditions will be improved, and for the first time it will also be available for public with its newly created exhibition.
Planned project activities:
- Restoration and conservation of the port warehouse of Liepāja;
- Adjustment of the port warehouse of Liepāja building to exhibitioning conditions;
- Experience exchange conference for local and foreign experts;
- Project administration;