- General information
- Small grant schemes
- Bilateral Fund
- Predifined projects
- Reconstruction of the Museum of Literature and Music
- Digitization of cultural heritage of Riga Art Nouveau Centre and Development of Virtual Museum
- Restoration of the Green Synagogue of Rezekne, including the creation of Wooden Architecture Heritage Centre and an exhibition on the Jewish cultural heritage
- Restoration of the Museum of Rainis and Aspazija
- Restoration of the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum’s Port Warehouse
- Planned Programme implementation time schedule
Restoration of the Green Synagogue of Rezekne, including the creation of Wooden Architecture Heritage Centre and an exhibition on the Jewish cultural heritage
Project promoter: Rezekne City Council
Project partners: Blakstad (Norway) Secondary Vocational School, Rezekne Art and Design Secondary School (Latvia) and East Latgale Professional School (Latvia)
Planned total expenditures: €711 436
Planned project start and end date: 01.05.2013.–30.09.2014.
Due to lack of knowledge and financial resources, in the historical centre of Rezekne where the town’s wooden architecture is concentrating, the elements of wooden houses – windows, doors and other – are being destroyed. The wooden house owners have insufficient knowledge on possibilities to restore the old wooden architectural elements, and they also lack motivation and understanding of the social prestige of the wooden architecture as a part of the unique Northern European cultural heritage.
To promote establishment of restoration skills for the young apprentices and the craftsmen of Latgale district, the project envisages restoration of the Green Synagogue of Rezekne, the oldest wooden synagogue of the Baltic region. The Synagogue is situated is the historical centre of Rezekne. The restoration of the building will considerably improve the image of the historical center and may become the best practice example for restoration of other wooden buildings.
Planned project activities:
- Project administration;
- Training and bilateral cooperation;
- Restoration of the Green Synagogue of Rezekne;